A Bird Story

By Aaisha 


'Chirp, chirp, chirp,' calling out the birds while enjoying the bright morning sun. This is how my day begins. Their beautiful voices fill up my room and get me started for my day. Birdkeeping is a hobby that I cherish; I have kept four different types of breeds. Each bird is unique in its own way. Also, feeding the birds is a great activity to do with kids. My elder two are responsible for ensuring the birds are well-fed and cared for. This works as a great bonding session. Also, teaching them about animals and being thoughtful and caring towards them.

Let me take you on a tour of my birds. The four breeds are the Cockatiel parrot, Budgerigar bird, Fischer lovebird, and Australian Zebra finch.

Cockatiel parrot

  • The cockatiel is a medium-sized parrot and is a member of the cockatoo family.
  • As cage birds, they are easy to breed all over the world.
  • They are found in Australia and are always close to water.
  • Their life span is up to 16 to 25 years.
  • Their lovely voices and vibrant colors have me hooked.

Budgerigar bird

  • A Budgerigar is a small, long-tailed, seed-eating parrot.
  • It is usually called a budgie.
  • They are often found in Australia and come in many different colors.
  • I had 6 of them, but only 3 were left; the rest died.
  • They seem to be my collection's most attractive birds
  • Their life span is 15–20 years.

Fischer lovebird

  • The Fischer Lovebird is a small parrot famous for its inquisitive nature.
  • They are funny, cute, and playful birds.
  • They are the perfect family pet.
  • They are vocal and noisy to attract attention.
  • They are bright green with a touch of yellow, red, and orange.
  • Their life span is 10–15 years.
  • They have the most beautiful singing voice of all of them.

 Australian zebra finch

  • The Australian zebra birds are small birds that can live in humidity and are easy to breed.
  • They entered my collection first and are my top personal favorites.
  • Their life span is 10–15 years.

Thus, birds have always fascinated me. Although they make a lot of mess, they always look so adorable when I see them in the morning. They help me feel natural.

I will keep on telling you so much about my birds. Let me know what other subjects you would like me to speak on. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Aaisha

Joint Families In Pakistan

Meet Aaisha's Kids