Maid didn't come😢

By Aaisha


We can't live without our maids, and this is a sentiment shared by all women, especially in Pakistan. They are the most important people in our lives. So consequently, we become enraged when she unexpectedly cancels her shift, acting as though we had just purchased her and made her our concubine.

The same thing occurred to me; my maid didn't show up, and I had to complete all the work alone. I also left some tasks for her to finish when she gets here tomorrow. I was furious with her, but as my rage subsided, I realized that she also had a family, children to care for, a spouse, can have urgency, and, most importantly, she is a human, but we women don't think about them. Instead, we yell at them for not showing up for work and not listening to their problems.

I did the same thing, but once my kids fell ill, I realized that her kids had the same illness, and if I couldn't leave my kids in that condition, how could she?

I came across a blog on how Pakistani women treat their maids, and I was ashamed of myself when I realized how accurate it was. Here is the link:

How we treat our domestic worker

To put this into perspective, we must treat them like humans rather than robots. Our children will follow our actions, either positively or negatively. So, we must tread carefully. Together, we can stop this negative reinforcement and make our homes and communities feel better for our maids.

I sincerely hope that this will help you better understand them. I'll be back soon with more different topics.

Comments

  1. Couldn’t agree more! We need to consider them humans , so our children can be emphatic too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

About Aaisha

Joint Families In Pakistan

Meet Aaisha's Kids