Log Kya Kahenge?

By Aaisha & Amna


Log kya kahenge? It won't be untrue to say that almost all of us have heard this at different stages of our lives. These people are invisible yet very much present in our day-to-day lives. They have an opinion and pass judgment on all our actions. Therefore, they are constantly killing our happiness.

"I want to take driving lessons."

"No, what will people say? We made you independent. "

"I want to continue my studies and work in a paying position."

"No, what will people say? So, a girl makes more money! The husband or father cannot pay for the expenses. "

"I want more kids."

"No, what will people say? Is it easy? Please don't try to conceive again! The financial burden of having more children is enormous! "

All these so-called people have had an impact on my personal decisions. It's not that we want to give them importance, but our upbringing has made them a part of our minds. They are always hovering over our heads. Yet, funnily, they would never offer a helping hand.

"Do I have any right to say it?" Asking for our rights is considered obnoxious behavior on our end. If a woman puts her terms in the nikkah, people will say she is not a homemaker. This right is given to us by Allah, by our religion, but not by our people. So, people should not argue about these rights.

Unlike any other element or assumption, this has destroyed most women's lives. It has happened to me too. It has ruined my personality. As a result, I no longer accept myself. My character was dead. There is always the fear of how other people might see you based on their judgments and attitudes, whether you are a housewife or a working woman. They'll probably blame us for our actions and behaviors. Thinking we are ignoring our family, children, and other essential things just because we continue to follow our dreams, work or give time to ourselves.

Another interesting fact is that women are each other's enemies. It's a bitter truth in our society. When we should uplift each other, we usually bring each other down. One woman becomes a victim, she will treat the other women similarly, and that's how jealousy grows over time. It is society's primary virus and is quite visible in many households. "Just because that's how it happened with us, we shall do the same with others"—not realizing we can be the change we want to see. We can put an end to all this. 

This blogging is a way to find me again. I can write what my heart wants to say. I am happy, now where are these people gone? They are not going to support us. All they can do is taunt. 

I don't need to apologize. I have closed my eyes to achieve my goals. I don't consider myself a superwoman, nor do I have the desire to be one, but at least I want to speak up. I want to use my voice for the many other women affected by these 'logs.' 

Women must care for and support the feelings of a fellow girl, a wife, a mother, a daughter, and a daughter-in-law. We should be happy and thankful to Allah and be content with what we have. We need to understand each other and be emphatic towards each other for a better tomorrow and make a better world for our children. We need to revive the humanity in all of us. It's simple, and does it require a single penny? We need to be kind. Kindness can make a big difference.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

About Aaisha

Joint Families In Pakistan

Meet Aaisha's Kids