I am Imperfectly perfect

By Aaisha




How frequently in your life have you heard the word "perfect"? Yet, I often listen to this word.

"Place everything precisely."

"Prepare meals perfectly."

"Appear yourself greatly."

"The space must be spotless."

"That is a perfect outfit."

"I want my children to be perfect in everything."

It's not like we're behaving this way because we constantly want things to be perfect and precise; instead, it's something that comes naturally to us: perfection. It looks pretty positive. Right?

What if, unfortunately, you are not perfect in any way?

The simple response is that you don't belong in this world; you're useless and don't know anything.

As a result, we begin to think that we cannot satisfy anyone and feel guilty, weak, and incomplete about ourselves. Unfortunately, our mental and physical health then starts to be affected by these negative perceptions.

I often consider how organized my mom is when I can't implement something properly. She always comes to mind as a superwoman who handles everything perfectly for us.

After I've gone through a lot in life, I question myself: Why do I need to be perfect? Why do I have to believe that every aspect of my life should be complete? After all, I am a human being who makes mistakes.

Therefore, it's okay to make mistakes; it's okay if I can't cook or finish the chores promptly. It's okay if I can't complete or overlook a child's work. It's okay to live for myself and leave everything behind. It's okay to follow my heart instead of what other people say. It's okay to let go of everything that bothers me; it's okay to be imperfect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Aaisha

Joint Families In Pakistan

Meet Aaisha's Kids