Dealing with tantrum

 By Aaisha



Strange but true, handling tantrums, especially in public, is difficult for a mother. Only older children may be able to understand what you're saying, but you can't explain it to younger kids. You also need to justify your attention to the younger children to the older ones, which is sometimes impossible. Does that make sense? What should I do? I also need clarification.

Many people advise me to remain calm and manage the situation carefully and firmly, but in reality, my level of anger increases and becomes difficult to control. The way my husband handles this problem at the moment is to grant their requests, which is incorrect because they will do so again and again in front of other people.

I remind them that they should listen for "No," as nothing we want in life comes effortlessly. Instead, they should know that we must work hard to achieve a specific goal. My husband agrees. At the time, he wants to get the thing fixed.

Even at home, I become irritated when my children argue with one another, eat poorly, neglect their homework, don't get enough sleep, or pay no attention to me at all.

Let's discuss my views on the solutions I found when researching this topic.

Be calm:

I need to practice since I have a short temper, and I am doing so. Almost always, I try to remain calm. I become comfortable in this circumstance because of this. It helps to soothe youngsters, so I occasionally have to ignore them. I've seen that when we talk to our kids all the time and express our thoughts and listen to theirs, it helps them understand, strengthens our bond, and also helps to calm them down.

Give them a choice:

As parents, our decisions are appropriate for our children. It's good, but let them make small decisions. For example, let them decide what to wear, what to eat, and what to do. Likewise, please respect their decision. It also helps in controlling their tantrums.

Distract them:

Although I know it's sometimes impossible, it helps if we achieve it. So I divert my younger children with little things if they are obliged to do something significant. With older kids, I consider the benefits and drawbacks before letting them make a choice. Usually, I don't take them to places like malls or stores, but now that my daughter is growing, she wants to pick out her things, so I have to take them.

Praise good habits:

Oh. It works like magic. Our kids crave our love, appreciation, and attention, and when we notice that they did something right, it inspires them to do even better the next time. 

"I'm proud of you," "you did it right," "I know you can do it," and "I'm lucky to be your mother or father."

These words have a magical effect.

I don't write these things to show that I'm an ideal mother; instead, I write them to better myself. Blogging has improved me, and I hope it will do the same for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Aaisha

Joint Families In Pakistan

Meet Aaisha's Kids