Nani House

By Aaisha & Amna


Through generations, a mother's house is heaven for a daughter. This place becomes even more special once the girl gets married and settles into her new home. The warmth, comfort, love, and easiness of a parent's home are unmatchable. You will not find it anywhere else in the world. 

When I see my children get excited on Friday afternoons, rushing to get their homework done so they can go to Nani's house, it brings me immense joy. It reminded me of my childhood when I used to go with my mum to her place. 

Allah Pak has indeed made mothers with lots of love. They do things for us that are so mundane, but their love and care make them so valuable. My mother would also prepare my favorite dishes and my children's. Now they wait to meet the kids more than me. 

When I was pregnant with my little one, I stayed quite a lot at my parent's house, so my third child, Aaira, got super attached to my parents. Only they could do all her chores. So she calls my mum her friend. She would sit and play with her Nani and have her favorite yogurt. Even when we went out, she would only sit with her Nani. And on some days, we are not able to go to Nani's house; she is the one who gets the most offended. She looks forward to Fridays more than I do.

The elder two also enjoy it the most when their cousin comes over. They are almost the same age and have grown up together. Both my younger brother and sister were recently in Karachi from abroad. During that time, it was compulsory to stay the night. My kids-Maira and Abdul Rehman-are both very close to my sister. They would spend hours together and have a blast of a time. We would watch movies, order food, go to the mall, or sit at home and play games. We would all sit and play "name, place, animal, or thing." The laughter would be contagious. I miss those days. 

For me, coming over to my mother's place is a break from the daily routine. It gives me a change of location and a much-needed reboot for the coming week. I get to relax and enjoy myself while not worrying about anything. May Allah Pak grant longevity and wellness to all parents.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Aaisha

Joint Families In Pakistan

Meet Aaisha's Kids