Don’t judge a book by its cover

By Amna,

Haven't we judged someone based on appearance, dress, talk, or behavior? Been there, done that. We are all to blame for this, but we only realize the problem when we are on the other end of the tunnel when we are the ones being judged instead of the ones believing. 

We often hurry to make assumptions about others and form our versions of them in our minds without entirely knowing the person or what they are going through. I have been on both ends, but I am slowly trying to bring this change about for myself. I am changing my perspective. I take a minute to analyze the situation before I conclude.


So next time you meet a friend or a relative, don't be harsh if they seem lost or rude. In most cases, it's just not their day. Kindness can do wonders. Being kind does not imply putting yourself ahead of others. It means to be genuinely thoughtful or generous to one another. And I can assure you that, like most things, kindness begins at home. First, be kind to yourself, and then your small acts of kindness for others can cause a ripple effect. A stranger's single smile could be the highlight of their day. 

The world is going through so much. Humanity has been lost deep underground in some places. Our part of the change could be a simple step.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Aaisha

Joint Families In Pakistan

Meet Aaisha's Kids